From the Street

 We see amazing things on the streets everyday. As we drive around corners, we often come across animals. This time it was a group of goats, all tied together, stretching across both lanes of the road.



Paul loves a local Papi Pollo (chicken and fries) but it doesn't open until 6:30pm. Usually we have one big meal in the middle of the day, so it's difficult to wait that long. When we walk in the morning, we walk by the cart.


Deli Crunch sounds so good, doesn't it? I don't know if that chicken in the yard is in any danger. Almost no homes here are built with wood due to this below.


Termites are everywhere. However, their homes look very much like ant homes. If you take a stick and hit this termite home, you could destroy the entire thing pretty easily. But if you were mistaken, and it was an ant home, you wouldn't physically be able to escape without being attacked. 

One researcher has a great experience with these Amazon ants:

"One afternoon, I was sitting on the veranda at the small research station in the reserve. I was alone, because my botanical colleagues were busy with their work in the forest. I was sorting and preparing my collection: dried crickets, the fruits of two weeks’ work in the cloud forest. Then I heard a swell of rustling and murmuring, and knew immediately what was moving toward me."

The whole story is here at Atlas Obscurahttps://www.atlasobscura.com/articles/eciton-army-ants-ecuador

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Week at the Temple

Our new favorite place

General Conference